Sr. Java Developer
Join a Fortune 5 organization that was named one of 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2019.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Identifying and analyzing business requirements and how they translate to application features
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to design and enhance applications
- Write well designed, efficient code meeting the specified requirements and deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to enhance and add new features
- Develop technical documentation to accurately represent application design and code
- A passion for software engineering and test automation
- Object Oriented programming skills, including strong design pattern knowledge
- Experience working with Agile, lean, CI/CD and/or XP practices
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good communications skills, with an ability to connect with people and to quickly build trusts
- DevOps experience is a major plus
skills: - Strong hands on core Java experience
- Exposure to Hadoop, Spark, Hive/Hbase, Kafka
- Spring framework working experience.
- Multi-threading workingexperience.
- Restful webservice working experience
- SQL -Intermediate ability (queries, read/write SQL, table joins, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.