DevOps Development Senior
Our Major Financial Client is seeking a Senior DevOps Development professional.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $58.99 - 59.06 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Contribute in creating delivery pipelines for newly created Micro Services on Docker and OpenShift platforms.
- Support building Micro Services practice within development group with objective to create standards, tools and training other developers.
- Support Micro Services as well as VM based infrastructure migration to AWS
- Triage and troubleshoot the OpenShift and Docker based Micro services and related issues
- Configuration along with Application build and deployment support for AWS/Cloud environments
- Support Our Client's core applications in providing DevOps support. This support includes providing fixes to production defects and making light enhancements.
- Quickly evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address the defect.
- Production support is matrix based organizational support, and the individual needs to clearly communicate progress and issues to matrix manager.
- Build Micro Services based solutions using Java/JEE frameworks, Docker and Open Shift.
- Newly created Micro Services will replace legacy Java/JEE monolithic application.
- Comply with the department application standards and general industry-based Java/JEE based application development principles, theories, concepts, documentation and techniques.
- Contribute and participate in design and code reviews.
-Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT
-At least 5+ years of experience in DevOps technologies specially in build and deployment on Docker, Openshift based containers technologies
-At least 5+ years of experience in build, deployment and configuration experience of legacy applications developed on tomcat, Weblogic running on VM based platform
-At least 5 years of experience developing RESTful APIs
-2+ Experience developing with large Serverless, microservice-based architectures, container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes/Amazon EKS
-6+ years of experience in a database technology, preferably No-SQL such as AWS DynamoDB, AWS DocumentDB, scalable, sharded, MongoDB
skills: -2+ years experience using Jenkins, Github, Bitbucket
-2+ years of experience with a Junit, JS unit testing library (Jest, Mocha)
-Database technology, DB2, No-SQL such as AWS DynamoDB, AWS DocumentDB, scalable, sharded, MongoDB
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.