DevOps Support Engineer - Charlotte,NC/Dallas, TX
DevOps Support Engineer in Charlotte, NC or Dallas, TX.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 62 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Triage and support enterprise delivery tools such as Cloudbees Jenkins , Xebia XLR, and Ansible Tower. Along with monitoring and event management via Splunk, AppDynamics, and Sitescope.
- Exposure and familiarity with application development lifecycle methodologies such as version control and SDLC.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Bitbucket, Subversion, Perforce, RTC , GIT strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting Cloud hosted environments, virtual servers, and high availability platforms -clustering,
- Knowledge of infrastructure components such as SAN, NAS, DNS, Load balancing, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate/present to all levels of the organization, including executive management
- Willing and able to work after hours and weekends when required to support multiple time zones
- Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter
- Must have the ability to work independently and be part of a team
- There should be a strong desire to learn new technologies and skillset
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Tivoli, Sitescope, Splunk, Introscope, and AppDynamics
skills: Need candidates who know how to build and support Ansible and Jenkins servers/platforms (not users of the platforms). Also looking for Redhat admin skills.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and strong task management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills as well as an ability to be diplomatic in dealings with a variety of areas across the company.
- 7+ years systems support, infrastructure, and engineering experience
- 7+ years production application support
- 5+ years working with Enterprise Linux and/or MS Windows Server in an administrative format
- 5+ years' experience with Apache Tomcat administration
- In-depth experience supporting/administering enterprise level SDLC tools. This includes experience in Application Lifecycle Management /CICD tools including Cloudbees Jenkins, Redhat Ansible, Xebia XLR, SonarQube, Atlassian Bitbucket and JIRA
- 5- 7 years technical Systems architecture & design
- 5-7 years' experience with Linux Shell scripting or Powershell scripting
Knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Tivoli, Sitescope, Splunk, Introscope, and AppDynamics
Experience supporting PostGres 9.6 or higher databases
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.