We have two contractor assignments for candidates with strong experience as a SQL developer. For this contract assignment, your efforts will help support over 140 jobs that ingest data into our Hadoop data lake. You will be required to complete change requests for these jobs. In addition, you will also be tuning queries to improve the performance of these jobs, as well as the other ETL jobs and ad-hoc queries in the Hadoop environment.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
* Responding to issues with the 140+ jobs the team supports. Work includes to ensure a successful job completion, as well as the appropriate documentation and communication.
* Complete project assignments for these jobs, which will include work such as adding new ingestion sources, and shredding JSON data into a more consumable format.
* Analyzing query load in the Hadoop environment, and proactively working with customers to make queries more efficient.
* 4 years writing SQL queries (proven experience)
* Linux environment experience, including exposure to bash scripting
Preferred skills and experiences:
* Experience working in a Hadoop environment, utilizing tools such as Hue, SQOOP, Hive, and HDFS
* Experience with Putty, WinSCP or other SSH/SCP tools
* Experience working with ETL tools (SSIS, Syncsort DMX-h, Informatica)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Performance Tuning and Optimization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.