The purpose of this position is to act as an IT Project Manager to oversee the delivery of Key Software Development Initiatives supporting the Global Risk and Digital (GR&D) Practice, which includes Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Specialty Areas. The candidate will utilize PDLC Methodologies to run projects on a day to day basis, drive governance and provide tracking and reporting. The position requires candidates to manage complex geographically distributed project teams, and liaise between various Technology and Business Functions. Candidate must be a quick learner and work under moderate supervision and is expected to executes; and finalize projects according to the needs and priorities of the client, the project timeline and the project budget. Serves as main contact point for client and internal project team and ensures client's satisfaction through delivery of quality results.·
location: Hoboken, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Ability to lead one or multiple projects, across varying business and functional units
- Ability to operate in an Outsourced, Managed Services organization; projects primarily focused on Waterfall methodology, but flexibility to support AGILE if required.
- Manage onshore and offshore functional teams throughout the project
- Capable of leading recurring stand up and status meetings with various cross-functional IT and Business Teams
- Works closely with stakeholders, sponsors and clients providing direction to project definition
- Effective communication skills with Senior Leaders
- Strong experience creating and maintaining detailed Project Plans.
- Recommends corrective actions on projects, if required. Holds teams and individuals accountable for meeting timelines and milestones
- Collates and tracks program status information and project artifacts at various stages of a PDLC projects lifecycle (finances, resources
- Partner with PMO to ensure projects managed within the approved methodology, and the appropriate artifacts are produced
- Familiarity with basic project accounting principles (Cash vs. P&L, Capitalization)
- Experience estimating project costs
- Maintain financial project accountability and ensure projects spend falls within approved budget amounts
- Works with Finance to agree the finance templates and produce Finance reports.
- Fluent in Program/Project Management tools including MS Project
- Maintains and monitors the SharePoint/Livelink tool.
- Supports Program and Portfolio Managers in creating yearly Budget submissions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.