The Network Security and Operations Technical Senior Associate acts as an escalation point and is responsible for interacting with the various application support teams for integration efforts and currency projects. The Technical Lead will be responsible for ensuring there are clear requirements for integration activity and operational handoff, along with effective processes and controls therein.
The Network Security and Operations Technical Senior Associate will with the engineering teams during the design and build phases of upgrades or new service implementations. The Technical Lead will provide input to the engineering process and ensure operational readiness through a defined handoff requirements process.
The Network Security and Operations Technical Senior Associate will also be responsible for identifying operational support and process opportunities for improvement, communicating, and driving programs therein to completion.
This position will also be responsible for reviewing support contracts pertaining to network security and operations related tools and services. They will provide feedback to management and procurement teams to ensure completeness.
location: Clinton, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Along with the responsibilities outlined above, some specific activities will be (but not limited to):
- Provides ongoing support and troubleshooting for installed network security technical solutions, able to resolve nearly all operational issues.
- Escalate operational issues to appropriate engineering, vendors/3rd parties, remain engaged and follow through to resolution
- Support the security exception processes which may include providing activity reports, assisting with investigations and subsequent actions
- Responsible for identifying and implementing metrics needed to manage the environment along with supplying data required for 1st and 2nd line KPI and KRI generation.
- Manages relationships with third party vendors and partners.
- Works with Managed Service Providers to deliver secure and complete support execution of Network Security Infrastructure and configurations.
- Assesses performance of installed technologies, analyzes data, identifying any unusual findings and escalates as appropriate.
- Provides input to design decisions, contributing an understanding of how the technology performs in the NY Life environment.
- Leads the testing of new technologies to be implemented in the environment, ensuring all scenarios have been tested in accordance with requirements.
- Makes decisions guided by function/business plans and policies that impact operations or an area of operations and communicates to management accordingly including where escalations are required
- Responsible for the delivery of end results focused on operational excellence
- Collaborates with peers to solve unique and complex issues; requires conceptual and innovative thinking and education and/or experience to develop solutions
- Recommends best practices for solving internal and/or external business issues
- Leads problem determination efforts requiring assistance from cross functional teams for the most complex situations
- Ensure staff is properly trained on network employed network security infrastructure, tools, and services
- Provides guidance and technical coaching to less experienced staff. May provide input to MSP Technical Lead on staff performance relating to technology but does not prepare or deliver performance reviews
- Sometimes leads cross-functional teams to deliver technology implementation projects; Provides technical leadership to project teams in their area(s) of expertise providing clear direction and technical guidance.
- Supports business customers in the implementation, maintenance and support of elements of the infrastructure.
- Can quickly grasp customer requirements, anticipates changing business needs and challenges, and their subsequent impact on the technical direction of a solution.
skills: Additional Requirements:
Minimum three years of experience being in lead role that is responsible for the support and operation of enterprise-class firewalls, proxies, and other network related security tools. Demonstrated team lead/supervisory experience in a similar capacity may be considered.
8-10 years of Network and Network Security experience.
Experience working with teams in remote locations such as India and Mexico.
Demonstrated experience in managing and supporting enterprise-class security technologies and architectures is required.
Strong communications and organization skills are required to be successful in this position.
Detailed understanding of data network concepts and operational functionality. Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking, LAN/WAN internetworking technology (Switching, Routing, & Architecture.), Network Application Protocols (DNS, DHCP,FTP, HTTPS, SSH, etc.) and client/browser behavior, IP security, 802.11 standards, & packet capture analysis.
Prior UNIX administration experience- Sun Solaris, LINUX; UNIX, Perl and Shell Scripting is preferred.
Ability to keep a positive attitude in a high paced work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.