job summary: Job Summary:
This position reports to the Office of Information Technology Service Delivery, reporting to the Telecommunications and Wireless Support manager.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 29 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Telecommunications Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.
- Perform troubleshooting and service verification across different platforms.
- Issue recommendations to end users based on device troubleshooting and inspection according to warranty coverage and eligibility.
- The position will require basic to high complex technical support in the following areas.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in supporting and administering Cisco Webex and Polycom audio video collaboration platforms.
- Five (5) years of telecommunications experience to include switches, routers, Centrex systems, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and five (5) years of iOS experience utilizing VMware/Airwatch.
- Five (5) years of Project Management experience to include small to large scale projects.
- Will require good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships with customers throughout the agency.
- Maintains a high level of productivity and have excellent organizational skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.