job summary: This position is for a Data Engineer, experienced with database migrations - Postgres, SQL and Oracle. The focus is a DevOps role with database migrations experience. - Postgres, SQL and Oracle. Candidates must have experience with Data Warehousing / Snowflake. This is for a data engineer with AWS Cloud Data Warehouse experience with Snowflake a bonus.
There are 5 enablement squads that the group is trying to get fully staffed to get all their data to the cloud. The data consists of medium sized planned data. All of the Engineers need to have PostgreSQL, Azure Sql and Oracle databases experience to pull and convert this data over to the cloud from Oracle and ETL. They will be designing and developing CI/CD pipelines for automated application deployments.
Currently sourcing for a Senior Software Data Engineer to work in Smithfield, RI.
The Senior Software Data Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, management, and automation of data in the Azure public cloud offerings for Fidelity Workplace Investing. You will assist with the initial design, establish standard methodologies, and provide proof of concepts for Azure Cloud Service managed and unmanaged database deployments. The Team
The Senior Software Data Engineer will operate in a hybrid cloud environment that spans multi-tenant private datacenters and public cloud. In cooperation with other internal teams, you will deliver the highest level of technical expertise and excellence in cloud management to meet the customers' established expectations. You will work to define cloud architecture, technology requirements, policies and standards across multiple teams.
location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Value You Deliver
- Seeking out opportunities to assist application teams with cloud migration issues and challenges.
- Working collaboratively with application teams to accelerate their cloud migrations.
- Growing cloud experience through pipeline development and automation
- Delivering quality technology solutions to complex business problems in an agile environment
- Collaborating with internal and external product teams to deliver a cohesive solution
- Implementing innovative and industry standard solutions
qualifications: Candidates must have experience with Data Warehousing / Snowflake. This is for a data engineer with AWS Cloud Data Warehouse experience with Snowflake a bonus. The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science Engineering/ Information Technology, Information Systems or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in development, analytics, design, and software development
- 2 years building and deploying applications in a large-scale environment on one of more of the following Cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, Kubernetes. Certification in any of these is a plus.
- Experience implementing distributed data processing, event driven data processing and data integration patterns (ETL, ELT).
- Designing and implementing continuous delivery database pipelines that serve the purpose of provisioning non-prod and production environments
- Experience developing tools and solutions to integrate, automate, and orchestrate cloud operational database needs demonstrating Automation, Azure/AWS Managed Data Service, Azure/AWS DevOps and ARM templates.
- Experience designing and developing CI/CD pipelines/strategies for automated application deployments, using Jenkins, Harness, UDeploy Artifactory, BitBucket and Docker Container tools.
- Experience crafting well-written customer-facing documentation
- Experience managing DevOps Security and Compliance
- Experience working in a collaborative Agile environment and delivering value incrementally.
- Passion for working across other Agile teams to solve problems, provide feedback, and gather information.
- Experience and passion for continually learning new technologies, services, and ways of implementing complex business solutions.
skills: The Skills You Bring
Top Skills Required, along with the DevOps skills:
- Ability to develop state-of-the-art cloud solutions for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Good technical skills and proven partnership with development teams
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms for Azure/AWS, Managed Database technologies, and Kubernetes
- Experience in fast-paced agile environments; delivering iteratively
- Teamwork and ability to work autonomously
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Good work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- ETL / Azure Data Factory
- SQL database / data migrations
- Data warehousing / Snowflake
- Database migration experience- with SQL, PostgreSQL, And Oracle
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.