Currently sourcing for a Senior Identity and Access Management (IAM) Architect with expertise in AWS or Azure Cloud and Cybersecurity to join the Enterprise Cybersecurity team in Durham, NC.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $100 - 120 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Team and Role:
We need this candidate to assume main responsibility for the development and implementation of security architecture for Data Services. You will work directly with the database architect and product management and engineering teams to develop solutions to align with enterprise Access standard methodologies and strategic direction.
This position should instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security architecture while ensuring that business requirements are understood and adhered to and security risks in new and existing infrastructure are accurately understood and mitigated.
The Enterprise Cybersecurity Architecture Team is responsible for the following:
- Security Architecture Vision/Innovation
- Security Architecture & Strategy Development
- Architecture Standardization & Evangelism
As part of this critical driver for our future growth, our security architects play a critical role and are empowered to lead the enablement and execution of our Digital Transformational initiatives and strategies.
qualifications: The Expertise You Have
- 8+ years of experience in defining security architecture strategies and solutions and establishing reusable capabilities and patterns.
- Hands on experience with at least one Snowflake implementation
- Planning technology deployment, mentoring security engineering teams, and soliciting feedback from security operations teams and other internal customers
- Superb Communication and Interpersonal skills along with ability to influence others and build relationships
- Extensive experience in creating technology blueprints, roadmaps and defining solutions and enabling data architecture and product capabilities. Working knowledge and experience with "Cloud Architectures" (e.g., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and the ability to address the unique security considerations of secure Cloud computing (e.g. integrating IAM with Enterprise services, Secure-SDLC. Data Protection - cryptography, key management)
- Experience with IT infrastructure including servers, containers, hypervisors, operating systems, databases, and middleware. Experience with cloud orchestration solutions and cloud services providers such as AWS, MS Azure and Google
- Experience with IAM products and solutions for authentication, authorization, identity provisioning, attribute based access control, privileged access management, auditing and monitoring, Web Access Management, Directories, Federation, Multi-factor authentication, adaptive authentication
- Skilled at taking complex topics and making them simple
- Transparent judgment and stands behind their decisions
- Flexible and collaborative with peers
- Proactive with keen attention to detail and good judgement skills and ability to function with/without supervision
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills as well as skills for presenting/influencing technology direction in a business context.
skills: The Skills You Bring
- Drive adoption of enterprise standards (reference architectures) and standard methodologies, and promote changes in process, standards, or technologies when necessary.
- Mentor and manage a team of specialist security architects
- Participate in solution architecture design, building that high level technical vision and strategy
- Serve as information security authority, provide advisory and consulting services as required
- Keep abreast of application security trends and the emerging threat landscape and actively engage with vendors, understanding architecture roadmaps, technology direction, and investment to improve security capabilities and deliver efficient solutions
- Influence the enterprise IAM architecture vision, strategy, principles and blueprint, position the organization as a recognized leader in Identity & Access Management
- Participate in the development of an IAM capabilities roadmap based on forward looking business & security strategies to drive program and investment decisions
- Provide comprehensive architecture services supporting delivery teams by embedding architecture into the delivery and agile product models' practices.
- Contribute to architectural oversight and governance processes at a team and product level to ensure consistency across ECS (enterprise Cyber Security) Products and with larger parts of the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.