We are currently seeking a 12 month contract for Mid- Level ( approx. 3 yrs) Python Developers for the Houston, TX area!
You will be responsible for writing modular, reusable components to liaise between external sources of data, internal tools and databases. You will be maintaining the cleanliness and centrality of the Python codebase, the porting of legacy code into Python where appropriate, and must be able to translate business requirements into a technical delivery following existing patterns where possible.
- 3+ years experience of enterprise-level coding experience in Python Experience scraping websites with Beautiful Soup, Selenium, etc.
- Oracle / PL SQL development experience including stored procedures
- Strong understating of object oriented design, design patterns, SOA architectures
- Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment Proficient understanding of peer-reviewing, code versioning, and bug/issue tracking tools.
- Development experience implementing solutions utilizing cloud technologies like AWS is preferred Commodities/Energy Industry experience desired
- Familiarity with containerization solutions like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Team player Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities Proactive and customer focused "make it work" mentality
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 63 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Writing modular, reusable components to liaise between external sources of data, internal tools and databases. Maintaining the cleanliness and centrality of the Python codebase. Porting of legacy code into Python where appropriate. Able to translate business requirements into a technical delivery following existing patterns where possible.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- web scraping (2 years of experience is required)
- Beautiful Soup (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Python (3 years of experience is required)
- pandas (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.