The Java API Engineer
will implement the scalable component-based workflow in the cloud. This role will be an individual contributor in a team of software developers to build Docker-based microservices on an AWS cloud platform.
location: Morrisville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: In this role, you will...
- Implement and maintain JAVA API microservices that allows experts to contribute with their individual components.
- Operate as the workflow specialist embedded in a group of geometric algorithm development team that consists of engineers from computational geometry, computer science and mechanical background.
- Digest overall workflow requirements by interacting with the stakeholders and carve scalable application workflows that fits in the design prescribed by the cloud architecture team. The individual components that fit into these workflows consist of independently developed (with native C++, Python and more) complex components.
- Enable the workflows by actively defining APIs that enable scaling of the solution.
- Participate in software design process, architectural discussions, code review, identify and fill gaps in development lifecycle.
As a part of larger Product Innovation team:
- Collaborate in requirement discussions, propose and implement solutions.
- Work closely with clinical board and mechanical engineers to communicate options and enable better decisions
- Prepare patents applications as appropriate
- Follow best practices; produce high quality, testable and reusable code. Share your expertise, help your colleagues and learn from others as well.
- As a member of the team, you will leverage the Scrum Agile process; take part in sprint planning, daily stand-up, retrospective and demonstration activities.
qualifications: In this role, you'll need ...
- Key skill: As the only workflow engineer in a team of domain experts, you should be excited about the opportunity to maximize learnings (teach and learn) from diversity of expertize.
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer, with demonstrated achievements in:
- Writing high volume, large throughput Java applications
- Writing microservices applications that are part of workflow systems
- Cross platform application development (Windows, CentOS, Ubuntu, Wine)
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and understanding of RESTful is preferred
- Cloud based software configuration, deployment and support.
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot is preferred
- Experience with AWS and related services is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with multi-tier application architectures
- Knowledge of deployment automation and DevOps
- Ability to take initiative solving problems and resolving disputes
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- Understand software, hardware, networks, databases, messaging etc. well enough to do feasibility and estimating
- BS in engineering, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience - Master's preferred.
skills: Experience with any of the following is a strong plus:
- Experience with
- Preferred: AWS, Docker, CWL, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Kafka, Pulsar or AWS Kinesis
- C++ familiarity
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.