Application Systems Engineer / Automation QA working within the Secure Session Banking QE Team for Middleware (Web Services and Micro Services) test scripts designing and automating. The QE group focuses on cutting edge Banking Services Application on Desktop, Tablets and Smartphones. As an ASE, selected candidate will be responsible for coding scripts in Java to automate middleware test cases as well as executing those scripts in an effort to test the functionality developed in the Digital Channel Technology Group.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Join as an Application Systems Engineer working within the Secure Session Banking QE Team for Middleware (Web Services and Micro Services) test scripts designing and automating. The QE group focuses on cutting edge Banking Services Application on Desktop, Tablets and Smartphones. As an ASE, selected candidate will be responsible for coding scripts in Java to automate middleware test cases as well as executing those scripts in an effort to test the functionality developed in the client's Digital Channel Technology Group.
Responsibilities may include :
· Utilize Selenium, Java, Maven, Eclipse IDE, GitHub, Appium, , DevTest, TestNG and Jenkins to automate and virtualize manual test cases for middleware system(s).
· Develop and provide recommendations to the existing framework for highly visible mission critical applications.
· Support general activities such as but not limited to : provide oversight and participate in overall project/systems testing, analyze business requirements and technical documentation, document test strategies and test plans, design and execute manual middleware test cases, automate test cases and maintain of existing regression suites, conduct code reviews, peer reviews, setup and maintain test data, metrics reporting to overall platform leads and managers to ensure platform release changes are deployed into production with high quality.
· Work closely with application development leads, QE leads from other areas, and business groups to ensure successful collaboration.
· Develop original and/or complex code and/or provide coding guidance to less experienced staff.
· Lead and/or perform modeling, simulation and analysis effort.
· Verify program logic by overseeing preparation of test data, testing and debugging programs. Participate in overall system testing.
· Develop new documentation, participate in the development of department technical procedures and design user guides.
· Guide and direct less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues.
· Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs.
· Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions.
· Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
· Participates in overall systems testing.
· Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides.
· As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
· Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
· Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.:
· 5+ years application development and implementation experience.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well-defined plans, solutions
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Experience leading projects that require integration of multiple technology systems to deliver new online functionality
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Ability to identify and recommend new policies/programs that improve existing products or develop new products
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/procedures
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Ability to act as a liaison between the technical design staff and business requester to ensure all requirements are met.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: for technical design documentation used by engineering teams
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: impact analysis, detailed designs and unit test plans
Knowledge/Skills/Ability Ability to consult at the highest technical level on design: planning, integration, implementation, scalability, and problem definition
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Automation Tester
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.