We're looking for an experienced, passionate User Experience Designer to handle multi-faceted application design in a fast paced-environment, high-criticality consumer facing environment. The ideal candidate loves solving complex interface design and interaction problems, collaborating cross-functionally, and coming up with elegant, powerful solutions. In this role, you'll do initial research and analysis, wireframes and prototypes, usability testing, and UX QA of builds. Skills and qualifications (Must have)
Nice to have:
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and self-motivation
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of cross-functional teams
- Expert understanding of UX methodologies, and ability to select the right tool at the right time from a well-stocked "UX toolbox"
- Adobe CC Suite, Adobe XD/Xfig, Sketch/Zepplin/Invision
- Understanding of both Mobile and Responsive Design.
- Effective at juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in a corporate environment
- 5+ years leading user experience design on projects, including client/stakeholder interaction
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Visual Design, or similar field
- Ability to help evolve our existing visual design system
location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $49 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Partner with business stakeholders to define requirements and concepts leveraging user centered design into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Work collaboratively with product owners, developers, and QA to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring visual and design simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems, technical limitations and devise elegant solutions.
- Present and communicate design decisions cross functionally and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Determine user research needs and review and evaluate user feedback.
- Ensure success of user interviews, user surveys, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Promote user-centered design within the teams.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Ensure accessibility standards are followed.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Adobe CC Suite, Adobe XD/Xfig,
- Java Script
- Mobile and Responsive Design.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.