The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for performing analysis, monitoring financial and business metrics associated with the company's operating units, reporting results, and providing information to appropriate company and corporate management.
location: East Syracuse, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 79,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Teaming with project engineers to forecast future cost to complete on funded projects as the basis of percentage of completion for revenue recognition.
- Responsible for tracking project and program costs, including R&D, engineering labor, material, and any expense items charged to the project or program. This includes analysis of variances or other anomalies which may arise.
- Oversee Product Cost Analysis for annuity programs
- Team with operations by preparing operational metrics; weekly, monthly, quarterly
- Quarterly reporting to corporate office on operating performance and variance to forecast
- Help maintain high quality data on company costing and valuation systems by insuring correctness of standards, etc..
- Analysis of appropriate financial, business, or manufacturing metrics, which may include, but not be limited to; inventory, scrap, labor efficiencies, or expenses.
- Participate in annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Monitoring and tracking of departmental budgets. Analysis of costs, as needed, to provide clarity to management.
- Provide support of reporting activities and presentations as required.
- Must be extremely proficient with spreadsheets (Excel).
- Good MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint).
- 3 to 5 years experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- Understanding of financial and cost accounting fundamentals.
- Good data mining skills.
- Deltek - Cobra knowledge a plus
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Good interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.