We're looking for dedicated, hard-working programmers with a passion for using game technology to develop state-of-the-art training applications.
Our games are award-winning, reflecting the creativity, dedication, and vision of every member of our studio. You can be part of our team! Why Work For Us?
- The opportunity to make a real impact. Virtual Heroes has been making quality serious games for fifteen years. Everyone who works here is important, from new faces to those who have worked here since the beginning. Your contribution matters- you won't be just a number!
- Flexible, reasonable hours. We encourage all employees to have a good work/life balance. We do not believe in burning you out! We invest in our people and want you to be happy with us for the long-haul.
- Competitive salaries and outstanding benefits. We provide generous retirement contributions; medical, dental, and vision coverage; company-paid life and long-term disability insurance; and annual performance bonuses.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
As a Staff Serious Games Programmer you will be a key member of a team that is solving real-world problems for customers in the military, medical, education, and space industries. Ideal candidates will have broad programming experience on one or more published/deployed projects. You must be able to serve multiple projects simultaneously with agility, poise, and focus.
qualifications: SG Programmer Requirements:
- Candidates selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Game Development, or a similar discipline, plus at least 5 years of related work experience. Equivalent professional experience (at least 10 years) will be considered for talented candidates without a degree.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Unreal Engine 4 programming and blueprints.
- Experience as a project lead on at least two projects
- C++ experience and demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
Experience Required 5-7 years:
Relevant Work Experience Additional Requirements:
Following a successful phone interview, candidates will be required to take a code exam to demonstrate a variety of development proficiencies.
skills: Preference to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Experience developing multiplayer game/training applications.
- Experience with UE4 Blueprints
- Experience with art pipeline support
- Experience with mobile platform development (iOS, Android).
- Experience with databases (MySQL, sqlite, spatialite)
- Experience performing UE4 technical support and training.
- Experience with VR development
- Experience with tools development and infrastructure maintenance.
- Experience with xAPI LMS integration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.