As we move into the world of 5G, our client is working with global ecosystem partners to build a future-oriented intelligent ecosystem, supporting all device scenarios (Smartphones, Auto, Wearables, PCs, Smart Screens, and more), that delivers the ultimate experience to consumers.
They are looking for a qualified communications leader to join their Ecosystem Marketing & Developer Relations team to build awareness and advocacy for our clients' Mobile Services and App Gallery and build their reputation of being a trusted global technology innovator and shaper of next generation experiences among US Developer Communities. This individual will be a thinker and doer, leading four marketing functions: public relations, social media, influencer marketing, and events; and an external PR, Social and Event Agency. The ideal candidate should have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and groups, from media professionals across the company and multiple industries (tech, entertainment, education, gaming, etc.), to US developers and partners, and international colleagues while demonstrating warmth, integrity, and professionalism. The individual must have superb written and oral communication skills, be a strong editor, have immaculate attention to detail, and be focused on achieving results.
This is a very unique opportunity to join a small team doing big things to support the growth of their global ecosystem and devices business - open-mindedness, positivity, agility and adaptability are critical for this fast paced, high intensity role.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $155,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Communications Management
Social Media & Influencers Management
- Manage PR Agency. Work with Agency to create, manage & implement the following activities.
- Set goals, objectives, and KPIs on an annual/Quarterly/Monthly basis
- Develop and manage implementation of a communications plan, and messaging calendar to build awareness and advocacy for our clients' App Gallery and Mobile Services among key influential media and KOLs across multiple industries, including tech, entertainment, education, and gaming.
- Develop, nurture and maintain relationships and records of key media and KOL contacts, and their efficacy
- Manage development of messaging and communications materials in support of our clients' App Gallery and Mobile Services for all key internal and external audiences that can be communicated through PR, social, and on and offline events, ensuring timely, accurate, aligned responses. Communications materials include but are not limited to: Internal Messaging and FAQs Documents, Press Releases, Media briefing presentations and documents, On and Offline Events and Workshop newsletters, Marketing brochures, Planned Publications, Special projects and assignments.
- Build and train PR team.
- Train and manage professional Bios for internal local US media spokespersons.
Event & Sponsorship Management
- Manage Social Media & Influencer Agency to implement the following activities:
- Develop a social media strategy, plan and content calendar across social media pages, forums, and blogs, to build awareness and advocacy for our clients' App Gallery and Mobile Services across multiple media and developer audience segments.
- Align social media plan closely with digital marketing plan (SEO, SEM, and CRM) to efficiently engage developers, build active developer communities, and move developers from awareness to registering as a developer, publishing, and advocating for our client.
- Work with local US agency and HQ Agency to develop content & copy for the social media plan.
- Develop and implement an influencers strategy and plan, inclusive of identifying key influencers for each US Developer audience segment, contracting with them, briefing them, managing their activities across our clients social, forums, blogs, events, etc.
- Mentor and coach a Community Manager to build, engage with and nurture a community of passionately positive Developers, who have trust in and advocate for our client.
- Monitor and report on social discussions about HAG, HMS, competitors and android and iOS developer industry trends. Proactively engage in social discussion to build awareness and support for HAG and HMS.
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of social media and influencer campaigns
- Manage social media and influencer budgets including execution, evaluation and payment.
- Manage Events Agency to implement the following activities:
- Create, manage and implement an on & offline events & sponsorships strategy, plan and calendar in support of the holistic communications plan to help build awareness for our clients' App Gallery and Mobile Services. Events and Sponsorships include, but are not limited to:
- Online (Webinars, Forums)
- Offline (Industry Events, Meet Ups)
- Sponsorships (on & offline events)
- Set goals, objectives, and KPIs on an annual/Quarterly/Monthly basis
- Oversee event management & planning, from concept to execution to reporting, including but not limited to:
- creation of event concept, and all visual and printed materials for the event, ensuring event concept is on brand and materials are on message.
- development of a project/event plan
- communication of plan with key internal stakeholders
- implementation of plan on time and within budget.
- coordination and alignment with PR and social media teams.
- hiring and training relevant event staff
- Generate pre and post event reporting (Event: attendees vs. invitees, feedback on event quality, experiences, topics covered, etc.)
- Build and train events management team.
- # Active Developers
- App Gallery and Mobile Services Awareness, Sentiment, Perception
- Developer Website Traffic
- PR Coverage & Positive Sentiment
- KOL/Influencers: Reach, Engagement, Sentiment
- Social/Forums/Blogs: Followers, Engagement & Sentiment
- Event: Attendance vs. Invited, Sentiment, New Registered Developers
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, business administration, journalism or related.
- 10+ years of experience leading public relations and communications for a B2B company in the mobile tech application, games, SW development or SaaS space.
- Demonstrated success in building communities and advocacy for application and games software, platforms, and tools among US Developer audiences.
- In-depth knowledge and solid experience (5+ years) of social media & influencer management
- Experience planning and implementing press and influencer events. (5+ years)
- Delivering high performance from agencies through leadership, collaboration, and clear direction
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong interest in the organization's mission
- Familiar with smartphone and tech industry and strategy/products of major players
- Excellent communicator in English (verbal, written & presentation skills)
- Communicates with warmth, professionalism, transparency, and integrity
- Exudes comfort, confidence and influence
- Strong writer and editor with immaculate attention to detail
- Comfortable working and influencing within a matrixed, cross-functional global organization
- Just as strong in "the how" as "the what"
- Flexibility and adaptability. Ability to manage change and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.