job summary: Our client is looking for a qualified Community Manager to join their Developer Relations team. If you are a tech-savvy, self-driven, service-oriented professional with experience supporting social media, PR and events working with US application, software and game developers, they would love to meet you! This individual will serve as the voice of our brand among the US software application and game developer communities, leading conversations about new ecosystem opportunities to help grow their business.
The ideal candidate should have outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to effective communicate with a wide range of individuals and groups, from media, US developers across multiple industries (tech, entertainment, education, gaming, etc.), content partners, and international colleagues while demonstrating warmth, integrity, and professionalism. The individual must have superb written and oral communication skills, be a strong editor, have immaculate attention to detail, and be focused on achieving results.
This is unique opportunity to join a small team doing big things to support the growth of our global ecosystem and devices business - open-mindedness, positivity, agility and adaptability are critical for this fast paced, high intensity role.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Build our clients' Mobile Services Developer Communities in brand channels and 3 rd party tech forums to create an active community of advocates for the brand.
- Build awareness and motivate developers to build applications for our clients' App Gallery with their Mobile Services
- Serve as voice for our clients' Mobile Services and their App Gallery in social channels and community forums building positive reputation for our client with app & game developers, software engineers, and coders.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
- Provide engaging text, image and video content as needed for social media accounts.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Moderate day-to-day community activity in social channels and forums.
- Monitor internal (Developers social pages) and external community conversations (e.g. Stack Overflow, XDA, GitHub) and provide feedback to product teams to improve products and to developer relations & product marketing team to improve content (demos, code samples, documentation, how-to-guides, tutorials).
- Coordinate with Marketing, Communications, Product Marketing, and Developer Relations teams to ensure messaging alignment, consistency and accuracy.
- Liaise with product and business development teams to stay updated on new products, features, and partner relationships
- Stay up to date with competitor ecosystem developments and products
- 2 - 5 years of experience working in developer relations, community management, technical writing, product marketing, or software engineering, engaging and influencing conversations among developer in spaces related to Software, Content, Applications, and Games.
- Demonstrated success launching and building developer communities (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, writing an email newsletter)
- Relevant agency, media or independent blogging experience
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with social media management tools and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to assess a customer's needs & generate ideas to overcome obstacles to success
- Ability to identify, track, and set relevant community metrics, ability to keep people engaged
- Strong knowledge of global mobile ecosystem landscape, smartphone industry and Android platform
- Ability to grasp both the big picture related to technology and software solutions, and the details of how the technology and solutions work together or are dependent of one another to create a positive user experience.
- Excellent communicator in English (verbal, written & presentation skills)
- Communicates with warmth, professionalism, transparency, and integrity
- Exudes comfort, confidence and influence
- Strong writer and editor with immaculate attention to detail
- Just as strong in "the how" as "the what"
- Fast-action oriented
- Thoughtful, transparent communicator
- Continuous Learner
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.