Our client in St. Louis, Missouri is looking for a Data Scientist to join their team. The ideal candidate will have experience with data modeling, regression, insurance background, and really good communication skills.
The Data Scientist will develop and implement predictive modeling solutions and commercial applications for internal and external clients across the globe. Work on business understanding, data manipulating and cleaning to ensure the data quality and integrity for effective modeling. Communicate and present key findings from analyses to the division's senior management team and key stakeholders from other departments and/or clients.
location: Chesterfield, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Modeling: Develop and enhance statistical models for the applications in insurance industry, including mortality, morbidity, persistency, fraud, consumer response, etc. for use internally or externally. Provide internal and external clients with an expert review on vendor and/or client-generated models.
- Commercial Applications: Understand client's objectives and support the development of commercial applications of predictive models for use in underwriting, claims, risk management and/or projections.
- Data Understanding: When presented with specialist datasets, carry out the full spectrum of data analysis, from the development of statistical analysis plans and design of the database schema, through data cleansing and into the creation of new insights and knowledge based on thorough and deep statistical analysis of the data;
- Subject Matter Expertise / Client Contact: Provide subject matter expertise in the insurance application of predictive modeling and advanced data analytics. Expand knowledge of insurance products, markets, processes and challenges.
- Collaboration / Communication: Collaborate with and provide technical support to local offices for predictive modeling and other ongoing projects. Develop strong verbal and oral communication skills whenever possible.
- Actively participate in other research-related initiatives
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.