Large enterprise insurance client is looking for an extremely technical mature Storage Engineer specializing in NetApp experience. This is a critical data role that requires and extremely senior technical skill set stack and database knowledge.
Looking for an individual to join the team that possesses top-notch written and verbal communication skills, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to multi-task in a large enterprise environment.
location: Brea, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Storage management and optimization:
- Install, upgrade NetApp storage systems, brocade switches
- Configure & zone FC, iSCSI, FCOE, SnapCenter, SnapManager for SQL, SMO.
- Provision users, permissions, protocols
- Provision volumes, aggregates,
- Configure replication, cloning, snapshot, backup, recovery
- Upgrades, audits, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, volume configuration and provisioning
- Provide day-to-day maintenance of data storage environments, including provisioning storage, network access to the storage
- Develop and maintain capacity utilization reports, with trend analysis for when capacity thresholds are expected to be reached
- Customer management:
- Support other infrastructure teams (Intel server, IBM AIX, Microsoft SQL and IBM DB2) and their network storage based workload in provisioning, migration, upgrading, performance troubleshooting and capacity planning
- Collaborate and participate in server, database and application projects involving NetApp storage (document repository, archive store, data/database replication, mirroring, clone, and snapshot. Fibre
- Serve as a trusted adviser to the end client, providing technical mentor-ship on NetApp technology to customer personnel
- Inform management in a clear, concise, and timely manner of any customer or technical issues.
- Security/Compliance management:
- Conduct SOX related baseline reporting
- Perform various scanning of PII, PCI data.
- Perform encryption, scanning and other security related operations.
- Plan capacity, utilization related expansion
- Create and maintain documentation of the NetApp environment according to best practices
- Design and implement data migration architecture and analysis of the environments
- Adjusting architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolves
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years NetApp experience in medium enterprise with a combined network storage experience of more than 10 years
- Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) for EMC, NetApp, HP or Intel equipment
- Candidate must have deep knowledge in OS (at least two of: Windows Servers, RedHat Linux, IBM AIX), database platform (at least one of Microsoft SQL, IBM AIX, Oracle RAC) in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with multiple infrastructure teams including server team, DBA team, and application development teams.
- Methodical and absolute attention to details
- Ability to journal logs, error messages to improve system stability and performance quality
- Ability to document SOPs for other teams to perform storage involved activities
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Storage (7 years of experience is required)
- EMC (10 years of experience is required)
- NetApp (7 years of experience is required)
- Linux (10 years of experience is required)
- Windows (10 years of experience is required)
- Enterprise Application Support
- Large Scale Storage Area Netwo
- STORAGE ENGINEER (7 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.