Sr. Project Manager
Randstad Technologies is looking for a Senior Project Manager for our healthcare insurance client in Reston, VA. This role will support the Healthcare Claims and Audit portfolio, which consists of a combination of next gen projects as well as a heavy financial audit so this PM role is two-fold. They will be working on a few of the smaller modernization projects, but also working within the greater claims adjudication portfolio to do a deep dive into the financials, review resource allocation of the portfolio, and make recommendations. This would be about 25% on financial reporting and 75% on smaller modernization projects.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 71 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
This PM resource will be responsible for managing a mixture of smaller projects in the portfolio, being responsible for the budget, scope, risk, resources, and will look at cost cutting needs across the program management space. They will be generating financial reports for the entire LOB, documenting and disseminating PM best practices, consolidating status reports to the directors office, etc.
The small projects have finite duration s. Technically, this resource will work on both infrastructure as well as software development projects. They will need to understand the technical concepts related to the technical stack that our client uses, which includes mainframe, infrastructure, web/ java. It is important to understand mainframe to be able to understand the modernization efforts.
This person needs to be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, and have the ability to wield their influence remotely. They will need to able to learn a new culture from a remote capacity, and be able to manage financials. They will need to look under the hood at resource, how it is leaning to budget variances, and provide best practice recommendations on their findings.
5-8 Years Experience
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Release Management Skills.
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer skills with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in managing full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Projects. Experience with direct project management and release management experience is required.
- Knowledge of and experience in IT environment (mainframe, infrastructure, Web/Java)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office 2000 tool set - MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment.
- Highly motivated.
- Positive attitude.
- Health Care Industry Experience will be a plus.
- Background in requirements management and/or systems development is a plus.
- Regulatory and HIPAA Experience a plus.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.