IT Architect #20178
The IT Architect will work on defining the IT solutions to support the Medical Research and Digital Medicine functions within client. She/he will engage with project teams to translate business requirements into a set of business capability enablement views that will drive Technology and solution design decisions. Provides inputs around business use cases and assists with development of reference architectures and standards in collaboration with the broader architecture team. Leads technical design for technical applications and projects.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The IT Architect should possess broad IT background and should demonstrate expertise in the important aspects of a common platform and integration of technology systems, where the foundational elements are on cloud, digital health and data/analytics platforms. Prior experience working on Healthcare Information exchange platforms with Life Sciences, Medical device or Healthcare companies is a plus.
With a strong blend of technical and business skills, the Architect should use a consultative approach to understand business and technical requirements and to help the group develop IT strategy and platform selections.
Knowledge, Skills and Education Required:
skills: - Expert understanding of foundational architectural concepts (Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Information and Technology architectures, design, business technology strategy, quality management, human dynamics, and IT environment).
- Vertical industry experience in one or more domains. Extensive application architecture design experience and prior exposure to multiple SDLC's and agile methodologies.
- Prior experience with distributed application performance engineering, cloud computing, database design concepts, middleware concepts, user interface development, and information security engineering.
- 8 years relevant experience in IT, systems/platform architecture within a life sciences company, medical device or consulting firm supporting the healthcare industry
- 4+ years of hands on experience in working on digital health technologies and platform architecture on Cloud based architecture and Healthcare Information Exchange platforms or systems
- A good understanding of the architectural principals of web-based platforms including SaaS / PaaS, multi-tenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure and application servers. Understanding of cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures along with basic understanding of mobile platforms.
- A good understanding of Information/Application security on premise and on-cloud is essential
- Hands on experience with enterprise application integration, including Microservices and API based integration of CRM platforms with back end systems, SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capabilities with ability to understand commercial business information, logically structure them into IT elements that build practical solutions, identify root causes of issues, and experience with trouble shooting and impact analysis. Good communication skills.
- Any certification on enterprise architecture (Zachman, TOGAF, etc.) methodologies will be preferred.
Undergraduate or graduate degree with 10+ years relevant experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.