Our client, a global Financial Services firm is looking for a leader to own the company's Data & Research product line. In this role, you will be partnering with the head of the Data & Research business to identify growth opportunities and then spearhead the vision, execution, support, and launch of products with the product development team within an Agile software development framework.
Reporting to the Head of Product Management, the Product Owner will be a highly motivated and collaborative leader to drive exceptional product management principles across the organization. You must aspire to build a great, modern customer experience that prioritizes both functionality and usability. You will interact with our clients to understand their challenges and be the voice of the customer with the technology and service teams.
The Data & Research business is aimed at driving growth for the product portfolio of their credit research and credit ratings data. As the product owner, you will be responsible for increasing value to the business through new product launches along with enhancements and support of existing products through the company's platform, which is an innovative, robust and comprehensive platform that serves the workflow needs of credit and macro professionals around the world. Collaboratively working with other product owners across the Product Management team, you will be executing on the overall product vision set out by the Head of Product Management.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Collaborate with the Data & Research business and Product Management team to identify, specify, and prioritize features and capabilities through direct input from clients, market intelligence, developers and your knowledge of the domain.
- Lead the vision and roadmap of the Data & Research product portfolio, driving buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Build and prioritize the product backlog of initiatives, epics, and user stories as an Agile Product Owner and lead the technology teams through scrum ceremonies.
- Leverage usage analytics and other data to drive prioritization and other product decisions.
- Effectively communicate the health of the product portfolio to key stakeholders including head of the Data & Research business, Head of Product Management, Sales Management, and Customer Success Teams.
- Provide superior service to our clients via product documentation, product training, and sales support activities.
- Be the product champion externally and passionate voice of the customer internally.
- Promote collaboration and comradery within the product team and across the organization.
- Collaborate across the Product team to drive a unified user experience across the platform and delivery channels of Web, Add-ins, API, and Feeds.
- 10+ years' experience in product management or software engineering required.
- Experience with credit rating agencies or expert knowledge of credit analysis is required.
- Demonstrates passionate and flexible work ethic.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, organization, verbal and written skills.
- Fast learner, detail oriented and must enjoy fast-paced work environments.
- Experience working with clients and participating in customer-facing situations.
- Experience with agile software development and the role and responsibilities of a Scrum Product Owner is desirable.
- Experience with information service technologies such as REST APIs, or SaaS is desirable.
- Approaches problems pragmatically with a focus on delivering high-quality products.
- Able to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and deliver results.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.