This position will be responsible for all operational aspects of the data centers, servers, LAN/WAN, systems, cyber security, storage, email and application support in close collaboration with local IT leaders and infrastructure/support teams. The Director of Enterprise IT Infrastructure will manage the work efforts of supervisors/individual contributors and will have responsibility for all personnel decisions, as well as vendor management, resource allocation and budget.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Plan, direct and manage the operation of systems, network and security infrastructure.
- Designs and implements solutions for system stability/reliability, data back-ups and recovery, and disaster recovery processes for the enterprise.
- Designs and directs the work of the team. Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance; recognizing achievement and providing feedback.
- Leads all members of the infrastructure team and skillfully develops leaders on his/her team
- Drives overall infrastructure strategy, ensuring scalability for business growth
- Works with data and application architects to develop the architectural design for highly scalable, large volume enterprise solutions
- Assures architectural integrity across the enterprise
- Manage and oversee the planning, design, implementation and documentation of all new infrastructure projects and upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- Provides leadership to IT teams and accountable for the design and technical work as required - functions as the infrastructure authority in technical design reviews
- Acts as senior technical lead to resolve issues
- Provides technical consulting for business leaders, building consensus on proposed solution architecture, design, appropriate training and documentation, and successful implementation
- Leads tools/components evaluation and selection process
- Leads technical documentation development and management
- Develop standards and operational procedures that support current and future operational needs.
- Develop and implement departmental metrics and uptime statistics. Ensure timely resolution of service incidents and completion of service requests.
- Experience from a global organization, leading people with different cultural, educational and language backgrounds
- Previous experience with developing corporate and/or organizational policies and authorizing their implementation.
- Exceptional communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Solid technical background with strong business acumen, translating business needs into technical solutions and offerings.
- Past experience of having overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending, and implementing change.
- Able to make final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure objectives are achieved.
- Proficient using Google mail, calendaring and shared drives
- AIX or Linux
- experience managing an enterprise infrastructure team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.