We are seeking a talented Systems Engineer lll (Windows Server/Virtualization) to perform systems work for server based applications that are secure, scalable, and robust.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Build and support physical and virtualized servers in an enterprise environment.
- Perform infrastructure maintenance activities such as: backup/restore, patching, capacity planning, monitoring, configuration management, troubleshooting and resolving highly complex production problems.
- With tenure/maturity, creates and maintains complex systems
- Build and maintain systems in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements.
- Ensure security is and remains critical in the design requirements and in the implementation of infrastructure.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to assist in the requirements definition process, and gain a clear understanding of the appropriate business requirements.
- Play a key role in working with the project team members to develop requirements, scope documents and project estimates.
- Provide oversight to project team members on infrastructure best practices.
- Lead the creation of technical design documents on complex projects.
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, technical training, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree.
- 5-7+ years' experience with Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory Server, Microsoft O365, and Internet Applications.
- 3+ years' experience with virtualization technologies including VMWare vSphere and/or other virtualization technologies.
- Microsoft SCCM management
- Strong experience with VDI on VMWare Horizon is required.
- Prior experience with cloud technologies required. GCP would be preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols, LANs/WANs, telecommunications networks and application software.
- Competent in creating and maintaining system scripts, user and group administration, security, tuning, configuration and monitoring of servers.
- Experience following ITIL standards.
- Proven experience creating and updating documentation as part of infrastructure implementations.
- Analytical, design and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot system defects and mitigate the risks and issues they cause.
- Skilled in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Understanding and awareness of the business impact of critical incidents.
skills: Windows Systems Engineer
VDI (Horizon's VDI)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.