A Senior Application Engineer Consultant with strong expertise in the development and maintenance of enterprise level, Java JEE based systems with hands on experience on Oracle WCC and application developed using Oracle WCC. The candidate will be part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining the multiple web applications used by client team across LOB for Document management System using Oracle WCC
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Duties will include designing and developing new application features / code within the existing application framework and researching, identifying and devising solutions for software defects within the application. All web applications are written in Java and involves the integration of JEE, web services, Oracle DB, IBM BPM, Oracle WCC framework and many other open source technologies. Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and understanding existing application architectures and developing solutions within a pre-existing framework, is a must
- Design and development of enhancements within existing application framework
- Research and resolve defects during all phases of the software development cycle
- Support and execute functional and performance testing
- Assists in troubleshooting production environment and tuning the environments
- Provides guidance on infrastructure and environment setup
- Ensures technical best practices are followed during all phases of the project
- Provides guidance on intended solution and best practices during development, configuration and testing phases
- Performs code reviews and ensures standards are applied to each solution component
- Strong, disciplined analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have at least 10 + years of experience in design, implementation, and audit / review of systems applications, and code
- Extensive Java 8, JEE n-tier application experience
- Experience in design, implementation, and audit / review of enterprise wide, large scale implementations.
- Experience with SOAP and REST based webservice development.
- Designed Application in Object Oriented Programming Methodology [OOP] using Component Methodology (Top Down), Catalysis Methodology (Bottom Up).
- Experience in Spring IOC and J2EE CDI and should have developed application using "Enterprise Architecture Models".
- Good experience in recognizing and reusing Design Patterns -GOF, J2EE design patterns, Architectural patterns, SOA Design Patterns, Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Experience with Web Logic and tomcat application server is required.
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques.
- Good knowledge of automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects using tools like Jenkins (pipeline), CARA, GIT, Bit Bucket and Stash.
- Automated test cases using Junit, Cucumber and Selenium test framework
- Experience of Agile work environment is must
- Experience with tools such as GIT, SVN, JIRA and Maven
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related work experience required.
Additional Pluses +
- Familiarity with Oracle WCC big plus
- Knowledge of Document management System (Oracle WCC, IBM file net etc) big plus
- Familiarity with IBM BPM workflow and ODM Rules Engines
- Familiarity with IBM MQ message queues
- Skill in writing specifications that other programmers can use to code data interfaces, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.