Randstad Technologies is looking for a UX designer to support our healthcare insurance client in Reston, VA!
We are looking for a UX designer who is equally proficient at user research, interaction and visual design. In this hybrid role, we want someone who can collaborate with Product Management and Engineering on broad, complex problems that require scalable design solutions.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 62 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
We seek designers who energetically sketch both on paper and white boards as a means of rapidly exploring ideas with colleagues on cross-functional teams. We are looking for people who are inquisitive, humble, optimistic, collaborative, empathetic and creative. All our designers must be able to conceptualize innovative solutions, create user experience specifications, workflows and mockups, and provide expert evaluation of intangibles as well as develop well-crafted design artifacts.
This UX Designer role is highly visible within the organization. This role is expected to make significant contributions to organizational objectives directly affecting the user experience and our products.
Our UX team has strong consensus from the executive level that enables us to deliver exceptional experiences for our customers and their users. We provide products that delight and exceed customer expectations, and also take on complex customer, business, and design problems. We are leaders with vision and continuous learners, always seeking to improve processes and methodologies.
- Experience on user researcher, research strategy, user interviews, surveys and usability study. Builds personas, user journey map, empathy maps.
- Experience on UX analysis to conduct competitive analysis, market assessments and heuristic evaluations.
- Experience on Information Architect, taxonomies. Builds information architect, navigation schemas, search schemas and site map development.
- Experience on web analytics and feedback data to inform infrastructure changes and design.
- Experience on Interaction Design, interaction modeling, mental modeling. Creates user scenarios, user flow, low fidelity and high fidelity wireframes.
- Deep knowledge of user centered design processes and methodology;
- Experience designing web apps and mobile solutions for enterprise platforms;
- Experience on usability test - usability test script, method, collect feedback and design improvement recommendations;
- Advanced knowledge of wireframing and/or prototyping tools and methodologies;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Experience in a fast-paced software environment, and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines;
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful;
- Highly creative and inquisitive; able to multitask effectively;
- Stay on top of user/customer experience trends and best practices across interaction types (web, mobile);
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision;
- Experience in Agile methodologies;
- We are looking for 5+ years design experience;
- Must have an online portfolio to be considered;
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors in Information Design, Human Centered Design, Industrial Design, Psychology, Graphic design, computer science or other relevant field.
Software & Tools:
- Experience in Adobe XD, Axure, Balsamiq, Invision, UXPin, InDesign, Sketch;
- Experience in usability testing tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.