For this contract assignment, you will be responsible for performing software testing activities, using a variety of testing approaches and techniques, typically providing functional, black-box and user acceptance testing expertise. This contractor will use experience and imagination to ensure that information systems products and services are functioning as expected and meeting end-user requirements as well as uncovering risks related to unintended consequences. Uses analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize and reduce redundancies in testing efforts, minimize complexity, and create efficiency without compromising effectiveness. Assesses the need for automation and obtains assistance in creating automation fixtures and harnesses. Provides guidance on complex issues to others as needed.
location: Cleveland, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides test leadership responsibilities for testing efforts as assigned.
- Establishes readiness, specifies skill needs, analyzes risk, provides estimates and plans work for testing efforts.
- Participates in requirements reviews, design reviews, systems analysis and testing review discussions.
- Determines scope and focus of testing effort and creates Test Strategy and risk analysis to guide testing efforts.
- Prepares test tools, automation and environment assets to support testing effort.
- Creates, uses and maintains automated scripts to increase efficiencies in testing, including troubleshooting problems with scripts.
- Tests systems or system components utilizing black box testing methods.
- Validates the function of system under test and observes results from various external and internal interfaces.
- Gathers test activity information during execution and prepares summarized information about the testing effort.
- Communicates regularly with project members and advocates for resolution of high priority problems with Project Sponsors, Service Manager and Project Manager.
- Maintains assigned test assets and recognizes gaps in current test assets, identifying ways to create needed assets.
- Creates effective ways to display data using various modeling, reporting, statistical perspectives and trending methods.
- Performs in-depth analysis by weighing relevance and accuracy of information to provide alternative solutions while appropriately incorporating input from others.
- Versed on a variety of testing topics. Required Skills/Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of common testing methods, testing tools (e.g., ALM), terminology and industry practices
- Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
- Knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOX or similar standards
- Advanced knowledge of using software packages or tools for processing or displaying data (e.g. Microsoft Excel, SQL Queries)
- Proven ability to assess implications of proposed systems changes on the processes and factors related to common business functions (e.g. marketing, sales, and financial controls).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Automated QA Testing
- Test Plans/Cases/Scripts
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.