This role will be supporting a project for a Department of Defense contract in Oak Ridge, TN. This job will start as a 1 year contract with the possibility of extending.
location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 17.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
This is a shift work position and the successful candidate must be flexible in days and hours worked - depending on the need. This position requires the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance, Security + and ITIL V3 Foundations certifications.
qualifications: REQUIRED EDUCATION:
High school education or equivalent and 2+ years of technical experience. Associates Degree and 1 year of related experience preferred.
skills: REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use of personal computers.
- Proven ability in the use of all pertinent software applications.
- Ability to communicate moderately complex or technical information, ideas and results effectively in both oral and written form; compose correspondence and reports.
- Must demonstrate customer service, leadership and team skills.
- Experience in desktop and networking support, IT concepts and help desk software.
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office, VPN / Remote access, and anti-virus software.
- Must be able to think logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Ability to distinguish between different types of issue and select the correct source for solution.
- Provide first line technical support to computer customers with questions regarding account administration, distribution of software and documentation, system and network status, and incident entry via incident management tool.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Active Directory
- Web support and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.