job summary: Summary:
- Have a good understanding of Firewall and Proxy configurations
- Participates in project calls and works with internal financial groups as well as LOB to gather detailed technical requirements
location: Pennington, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 63 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Responsible for High Level design as it pertains to load balancing infrastructure and changes
- Responsible for Low Level design (configuration details, hands on experience is required) for load balancing
- Able to perform implementations or provide necessary details to handover to implementation team as required
- Provides Level 3 support and direction for production related issues. Considered a SME for load balancing.
- Responsible for documentation of end to end load balancing design
- Establishes capacity/threshold management plan and details for Work Load Management
- Works with external vendors (F5) for chronic issues, bugs, feature enhancements
- Participates and provide guidance for new feature enhancements, code and certification
- Helps with lifecycle management of load balancing product set
- Understanding of Firewall and Proxy products and associated configurations
- Working knowledge of leveraging F5 devices for web acceleration & caching
- Good overall network background with an understanding of routing & switching protocols as well as application layer protocols
- Strong background with DNS
- Advanced skills of designing, coding, and troubleshooting iRules and iControls
- Strong understanding of the different load balancing options & features to include OneConnect, Persistence, SSL offload functions, HTTP profiles, etc
- Must have strong understanding of the Global Traffic Manager and Iquery functionality between LTM & GTM for a HA design.
- Must have a strong understanding of Web traffic load balancing function and manipulation procedures along with sizing and capacity planning based on a high availability or DR design.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Background with network scripting and programming
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.