5G Program Manager
Role Overview: 5G will have a massive impact on how we live, learn, work and play, enabling disruptive new consumer experiences and enterprise products.
Our 5G Lab platform encompasses a variety of programs and activities including events, hackathons, innovation challenges, technology trials, and concept development and co-creation with partners.
Based in NYC, the Strategic Partner Program Manager for the 5G Lab will focus specifically on our large strategic partnerships, which range from Fortune 50 enterprises to universities to startup incubators.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
* Own the 5G Lab relationship with our strategic partners across industries, serving as the primary 5G Lab point of contact for both internal and partner stakeholders
* Proactively ideate and identify new projects and workstreams with each partner based on input from Business Unit stakeholders and alignment with 5G Lab priorities
* Articulate the strategy and roadmap for the partnership overall and for each initiative through slide decks and other storytelling artifacts
* Source and manage vendors/contractors to execute against a broad cross-section of workstreams across our partners
* Lead the execution of individual partnership initiatives through vendors/contractors, including lining up the appropriate internal resources and approvals, project managing, facilitating day-to-day decision making and operations, and socializing outputs
* Liaising and collaborating with technical teams as necessary to support each partnership and workstream
* Track and report on overall partnership progress and milestones
* Oversee legal and governance processes associated with each partnership
* Support business development activities related to future partnerships
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Six or more years of relevant work experience
* Experience in a partner relationship management, program management, business development, and/or consulting role
* Demonstrated exposure to and understanding of emerging technologies, ideally spanning consumer and enterprise IT
* Background working in a highly matrixed environment navigating competing stakeholder needs and priorities
* Program management and/or project management expertise
* Proven relationship management skills
* Experience managing geographically distributed and diverse teams
* Extremely strong verbal and written communicator, with highly refined storytelling and slideware skills
* Interest and experience working with startups
* Willingness to travel frequently Even better if you have:
* Telecom experience, in particular exposure to and understanding of 5G technology (although 5G engineering expertise is not specifically required for this role)
* Genuine interest, understanding, and passion for partner-driven innovation * Natural problem solver and process oriented mindset with demonstrated desire for driving continuous improvement.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced, challenging and stimulating organization. * Aptitude to work outside of your comfort zone and get things done quickly and in some cases with little to no supervision.
* Shows initiative, anticipates and prepares for upcoming situations, takes advantage of opportunities, acts quickly and decisively, addresses issues before they become problems.
* Excellent Microsoft Office / GSuite skills.
skills: 5G Lab
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.