Data Management / Reporting
Big part of the job is understanding the systems (claims, policy systems, etc). This person will be reviewing how is the data structured, how is the data formed. The information will be at the Claimant level information will be provided and they should be able to digest. Most of the are relational databases. Need to know how to merge data, understand the data that are capturing and how it relates to similar data, and also mapping out data
They current use 7 Insurance systems, for example: Openco, Openbox, MFX, custom built database tools, a lot of them can be home grown etc. Person will most likely be using new system and needs to have the ability to learn that system.
location: Weatogue, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Provide reporting and data analysis support for various business partners within North American Specialty.
- Support data visualization and dashboard efforts across subject areas within the Insurance domain (Submission, Policy/Premium or Claim level analysis).
- Ability to learn complex data sources and merge data across disparate systems to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work directly with business users to understand requirements and provide recommendations on how best to display data in a report or visual dashboard.
- Must have the ability to bridge the communication gap between business users and technical support resources.
- Create standard operating procedures for new requirements and manage the transition to offshore support teams or junior staff.
- Process change requests on steady state reports with attention to reconciliation expectations.
- Automate existing manual reports using database and reporting tool functionality.
- Execute standard testing and reconciliation for new or revised standard reports.
- Share knowledge with other junior team members.
- SQL expertise required. Requires advanced understanding of data modeling, table relationships, and query optimization.
- Ability to own report development effort with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving; data related trouble-shooting such as identifying reconciliation variances, or determining cause of data anomalies.
- Ability to interview users and understand requirements.
- Expert knowledge of Business Objects, PowerBI, Tableau or similar reporting tool required.
- Skilled in merging data from multiple disparate sources. Data warehousing experience important.
- Expert in MS Excel and MS Access
- VBA knowledge a plus
- Be able to prioritize based on due dates and task demands.
- 5+ years insurance data experience.
- 5+ years SQL
- 5+ years' experience with data warehousing and/or relational databases
- Finance, Actuarial or Planning data experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.