We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team! This person will performs\ systems implementation for complex network architecture. Provides thought leadership of the system's architecture, and clearly and articulately describes and adheres to the process and procedures of the network architect.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 62 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
Works with users/network architect in designing complex solutions; prepares cost/benefit analysis of alternative solutions and specifies alternate design approaches. Assists in leading infrastructure strategy for company with emphasis on performance, availability, and scalability working with management of Information Technology and users.
- Solid foundation and knowledge on Cisco Nexus platforms and architectures to include Nexus 9500, 9300, 7000, and 5000 Series
- Solid foundation and knowledge on Cisco Catalyst platforms and architectures to include all Cisco platforms that leverage IOS and IOS-XE operating systems
- Solid understanding of VxLAN design and architecture
- Experience with Cisco DCNM platform
- Cisco ACI experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of layer 3 routing and dynamic protocols to include but not limited to: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Experience with load balancing solutions such as F5 or Netscaler
- Basic knowledge of Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower threat defense platforms
- Basic knowledge of Cisco on-prem controller based solutions to include
- Cisco 5500 Series WLC's
- Cisco 3700 and 2800 Series AP's
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco DNA Center is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Solarwinds Network Management Solutions
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, or closely related field is required. In lieu of degree, comparable education and experience, typically obtained by five or more years related work experience, will be considered is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in building/maintaining Cisco ASA Firewall and VPN Technologies including SSL VPN is required
- Demonstrated extensive expertise in design, configure and optimize EIGRP, OSPF, RIP and BGP routing protocols is required.
- Must possess the ability to provide access security to switches, routers and campus utilizing complex access list, NAT, TACACS, PAP and CHAP authentication is required.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate system capabilities by preparing thorough and articulate documentation and participating in or lead formal presentations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.