Seeking motivated and driven Engineering professionals to support the Intelligent Edge network. In this position, you will be responsible for Center Engineering for various build initiatives in the Intelligent Edge and associated networks.
location: Silver Spring, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Functional Responsibilities Include:
- Engineering details will include but not be limited to project-specific installation instructions, engineering database (ICON, CCP) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Create required Telephone Equipment Orders (TEOs) to drive purchase of required equipment and services.
- Create Project Supplements as required for appropriate financial budget management of build initiatives.
- Coordinate and drive Engineering issues to resolution.
- Manage multiple Capacity Creation Requests for new hardware deployments, reconfigurations, decommissions, and First Office Application (FOA) projects.
- Negotiate and coordinate overall project schedules for Engineering activities, Construction start and completion dates.
- Accurately identify, monitor, report, escalate, and resolve technical issues encountered throughout the build process.
- Maintain excellent communication with Project Manager, Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues and timely reporting of status
- Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations in performing site surveys to obtain critical site specific pre-engineering data prior to the build, as well as post installation redlines and end of job audits.
- Negotiate, coordinate, and drive/track completion of project milestones with all appropriate stakeholders, to include third party turf vendors.
- Facilitate and maintain relationships with multiple service vendors, including pricing compliance, standards creation and compliance, and conducting quality reviews - to include follow up remediation as appropriate and periodic performance reviews.
You'll need to have: - Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience. Even better if you have:
- A degree with focus in area of engineering or other technical discipline.
- Highly motivated, self-supervised, customer focused individual with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion using conflict resolution/facilitation/solution-driven analysis.
- Superior communication and project methodology skills in combination with technical expertise in telecom network engineering.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
- Network Engineer
- Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.