Java Application Engineer
The selected candidate will play a critical role in defining, designing, and implementing applications in the environment. The selected engineer will be responsible for communicating directly with business customers and members of the larger IT organization while analyzing requirements, creating UML diagrams and object oriented / Domain Driven designs. The individual will be responsible for assuring the following of application architecture and development standards.
The candidate will take previous hands-on experience in application development and maintenance, technology strategy and deliver innovative yet practical solutions to the organization. The person must exhibit the ability to communicate ideas to all levels of the organization and must be capable of mentoring and overseeing junior developers. Candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply core development principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications.
This new hire will also address outstanding application migration tasks related to (BAR) Build and Release, Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD), Release management and will work on building CB DEVOPS delivery system to cover all CB applications. The role will bring deep understanding of SDLC principals and real life experience with vast variety of DevOps tools. The role will also develop environment creation and configuration for CB projects. This candidate will be also responsible to design and develop test automation based on business use cases and nonfunctional requirements, design and develop CI pipelines with Jenkins, Ansible, uDeploy and many other DevOps tools.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $44.72 - 50.31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Other duties will include:
- Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and, impact analysis for each project
- Provide individual and project support for complex projects or applications, adhere to project timelines and technical deliverables within different client environments
- Provide support for highly complex technical issues and initiatives related to large-scale SOR applications
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for the developed applications
- Work with business and technology partners to prevent or solve difficult availability and performance problems
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs
- Research new innovative tools and technologies and lead proof-of-concepts to drive adoption
7+ years of Java experience
3+ years of RESTful web services
1+ year of Agile experience
4+ years of Spring experience
Proven experience using like Github, Jenkins, UDeploy.
3+ year of Hibernate experience
2+ year of JBPM development experience
2+ years of ReactJS or Angular2+ experience
2+ years of experience working on Microservices
1+ year of Gradle experience
1+ year of SQL experience in Oracle
1+ year of Microsoft SSRS reporting experience.
1+ year of Experience with Test Driven Development
Knowledgeable on Cloud services and deployments
Knowledge of Static analysis tools like HP Fortify and SONARQUBE.
Knowledge of Application Monitoring tools like App-D.
Financial industry experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.