job summary: Description:
Client seeks a business intelligence developer to help support an environment using Cognos & other IBM products and to design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Analytics 11. The developer will help track down and improve or eliminate bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Support a business intelligence environment using Cognos & other IBM products
- Troubleshooting of report issues and performance issues that are critical
- Work with DBAs, report authors and system administrators to track down and improve or eliminate bottlenecks in the BI reporting & ETL environment
- To design, build & deliver BI solutions using Cognos Anlaytics 11.x
- Provide technical support to Cognos power users.
- 5-7 years of Cognos BI experience.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse and business intelligence concepts and best practices processes.
- Experience with administration, deployment and security setups within Cognos.
- Strong experience in creating Framework models with different layers.
- Strong experience with Report development.
- Experience creating Dashboards in Cognos Analytics.
- Experience and Proficiency in writing Oracle SQL queries.
- Experience with Cognos report performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Java scripts usage in Cognos.
- Strong experience in creating OLAP Cubes using Cognos Transformer.
- Must have excellent analytical, conceptual, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills, able to work effectively with business users to understand and clarify requirements as well as educate and resolve end user reporting issues.
- Some knowledge of Oracle DB Administration
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related discipline
skills: Required Qualifications:
- Cognos Analytics 11.x, Framework Manager, Event Studio, Oracle 12c, Relational, OLAP, Star Schema, Multi-dimensional database models.
- Experience with ETL tools like DataStage is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.