Our client is looking for a Performance Test Engineer to assist with their migration of applications to the cloud. Ideal candidates for this role will be able to work closely with the developers and architects in reviewing the product design to see where potential performance problems can occur. Candidates will have a strong background in performance testing and previous experience migrating applications to the cloud.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $50.50 - 63.00 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Own performance testing; scripting, execution and reporting for assigned product / application and its components
- Develop and execute performance test scripts for multiple products / projects implementation in-parallel
- Experience in developing Performance testing scripts for Cloud or Azure based products
- Setting up/designing load test scenarios for various tests; like load test, endurance test, stress test, failover test, etc.
- Carry out end-to-end performance testing, including requirement gathering, test planning, scripting, execution, analysis and result reporting/sharing with stakeholders.
- Monitor server?s utilization during the test run.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other dependent teams across the product line to ensure success of overall test run
- Implement and maintain DevOps Capabilities, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices using test labs and tools
- Maintain Salesforce Service Cloud data and configurations to support test needs
- Participate in communities of practice to share knowledge, learn, and innovate
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry
- Conduct proof of concepts to evaluate the feasibility of implementing new tools, technology and requirements
- Adapt and remain effective in a fast-paced, changing environment
- 4-6 years of experience in performance testing and strong knowledge on product performance testing concepts, methodologies and techniques
- 4-6 years of experience in developing performance test scripts and execution using tools; like, HP Load Runner or JMeter or Gatling (Scala) or any home grown testing platform along with Java / .Net /Python.
- Must be able to run product performance testing end-to-end from requirements, planning, scripting, load test executions and result analysis.
- Must have good experience using server monitoring tools like site scope, new relic, SignalFX, HP BSM, Dynatrace, SPLUNK, etc.
- Proficient in analysis of performance test result to present to product team
- Proficient in using Integrated Development Tools such as IntelliJ, Eclipse along with Source Control Systems such as git
- Should work closely with product development & implementation, architecture, infrastructure and engineering groups for performance testing and application analysis initiatives to define success criteria and evaluation methodologies.
- Ability to work well with developers and architects.
- Strong communications both written and verbal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.