The VRD Project Manager will act as a key facilitator conversion and transition during the planning and transition of included legacy CALNET 3 services to CALNET DNCS Group 1 VRD/Common Platform.
Responsible to lead successful initiation, planning, monitoring, control, and closure of strategic programs/projects.
The VRD Project manager will be responsible for coordinating all phases of conversion to ensure smooth and efficient transition from the current CALNET 3 legacy environment.
location: Folsom, California
job type: Contract
salary: $41 - 46 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Project Manager will work closely and in partnership with business stakeholders and technical teams to define and communicate requirements, but not limited to requirements development and scope management, project schedule development, management, and tracking, resource management and time tracking, project financial management and tracking, project risk management - project issue management, and project communication / reporting management.
Stakeholders include the Contract Program Manager, Service Management, internal Technology teams, Contracting and Pricing Operations, Product, Marketing, and Project Management.
Deliverables include conversion and transition plans across data clean up, data mapping, site identification, task identification, inventory conversion, review, project plan development, and weekly status reporting. Facilitates any due diligence activities as appropriate in support of conversion and transition requirements.
Develop large, complex, cross functional teams in project schedules, resources and deliverables, and oversight of capital spend.
- Identify and communicate project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (e.g., Kick-off meeting, Map days, overall Project Management Approach, Comms Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, Retrospectives etc.)
- Manage larger project landscape without neglecting granular details while tracking project health, staying alert for risk and resolving issues as they arise.
- Identify business gaps, defining process and technical solutions and developing recommendations to senior management.
- Facilitates conversion and transition pre-planning activities partnering with stakeholders develops conversion and implementation plans.
- Prepares a plan for moving from implementation to ongoing operations and maintenance. Manage the transition from implementation to steady state service delivery.
- Provides overall management support for all master contract enablement, data mapping, catalog setup, pricing inputs, and transition activities. Coordinates the implementation with Project Management.
- Establishes communications plan in support of implementation plan with the client, and end users.
- Participates in meetings and workshops with the Account Team, appropriate client personnel, and appropriate personnel as needed.
- Prepare and provide conversion and transition project plans to CALNET contract office in conjunction with other assigned PM's.
- Develops and coordinates status reporting to CALNET contract office as needed
- Prepare executive level project readouts and health status reports.
- Effectively operate in a highly matrixed, globally distributed organization & manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Must have Skills: Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
Six or more years of relevant work experience. Managed large complex projects involving multiple work streams and stakeholders.
Experience working with Agile and cross functional teams.
Even better if you have: Master's degree. Ideally, in project management.
Certification in PMP and/or MSP. PMP Certification. SCRUM Master Certification.
Knowledge of process design principles (i.e., Six Sigma).
Ability to work effectively in a virtual team.
Ability to lead broad scope projects in a highly matrixed organization.
Excellent team player. Capability to work with a high level of autonomy.
Strong critical thinking, decision making, and prioritization skills. Leadership and negotiation skills.
Strong organizational skills Ability to manage and negotiate with required internal and external teams. Advanced skills in G-Suite.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.