Fiber Inventory Management Specialist
The Fiber Inventory Management Specialist will be responsible for the documentation of physical fiber paths across the One Fiber Market.
This position will be working in the Local Market Wireline Engineering Team and will be working closely and partnering with Network Planning, Engineering and process organizations to drive the Technology solutions. The position is required to manage posting and tracking critical business deliverables in the management of the inventory of fiber network of fiber networks, routes, fiber enclosures, fiber optic cable, conduit, location data, etc.
location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $34.00 - 37.50 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Use 3GIS Fiber Inventory Management (FIM) Tool & Google Earth Pro to document routes for underground and aerial fiber optic cable in private and public right of ways from both desktop reviews and construction as-builts.
- View aerial imagery, websites and other documentation to locate cell towers, customer sites, easements to assist the Engineering team.
- Manage the conversion of source data into drawings (e.g. CAD/PDF/Shape/KML/KMZ files) showing placement of existing & new fiber optic cable.
- Ensure fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the Fiber Inventory data management system.
- Participate in design and review of new Fiber Mapping enhancements and integrations.
- Effectively interface and professionally communicate with Management and colleagues in Engineering, Pricing, OSP Third Party Engineering & Construction Vendor, Project Management, Network Engineering, Finance and Accounting, among others under tight timelines.
- Create simple ad-hoc or presentation-quality maps, depending on the situation, for senior management, engineers, account executives and peers.
- Prepare information in various formats (e.g., maps, spreadsheets, slides) for executive management, construction project management, field operations, and network operations when requested.
- Organize workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques
- Balance priorities with consideration for importance and urgency of projects. Quickly switch between numerous small projects, requiring immediate response, and larger projects having multiple steps and longer deadlines.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned
- Experience in telecom engineering, OSP field work, FTTH ODN Optical Distribution System, OSP fiber network inventory system(s).
- Must have a working knowledge of telecom, more specifically fiber networking.
- Must have a proficient working knowledge of GIS, even better if you have a working knowledge of 3GIS.
- Must have a proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as Google Drive. - Must be able to think critically and analytically.
- Must be able to work with a team and have proficient communication skills.
- Must be able to pay very close attention to detail.
- Must be a quick learner.
- The environment we work in is consistently changing from day to day so you must be adaptable to a quick changing environment.
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
. - Must know when to ask for help.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work within a timeline if needed
- Will support current Engineers in One Fiber project, this includes being assigned random tasks.
- *Experience with vendor invoicing is a plus.*
skills: Fiber Inventory Management Specialist
physical fiber paths
OSP field work
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.