We are a remarkable company in remarkable times. Our business includes software and Lobster Marketing, together as a SaaS platform providing end-to-end office management software for field service providers in markets such as pest, pool, and lawn. Lobster Marketing adds market-facing web sites, buy online capability, dashboarding, and digital marketing services. Founded in 2012. Forbes named us on their list of "2020 Best Start-up Employers" based on employee enthusiasm, fast growth, and financial strength.
On the software development team, code is released daily to tens of thousands of field service staff around the country (our customers service about 4% of homes in America)-the code you write in the morning could be deployed to thousands of users the same day. Our office software runs on a LAMP stack deployed across self-hosted cloud servers running the same codebase, and our app uses React Native with a continuous integration solution for a clean, build-less release process.
There are lots of differently shaped problems to take on and we are looking for engineers who like challenges, are good problem solvers, and can build on an existing framework to optimize for scale. Whether you're interested in front-end user experience, mobile app development, query optimization, dev-ops, application security, or something else entirely, you'll be able to find your place.
location: McKinney, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Setup, configure, and test application and database servers
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Continuously improve deployment process with automation tools
- Manage code deployment and server configuration during off business hours when necessary
- Design and implementation of new hardware solutions and improving the resilience of the current environment
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Linux Command Line (2 years of experience is required)
- Ansible (2 years of experience is required)
- Docker (2 years of experience is required)
- Apache (2 years of experience is required)
- Network Security (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.