job summary: Summary:
- We are seeking an individual who has a passion for quantitative analysis and the ability to draw insights from data.
- You will be able to contribute to the team's long term data strategy development, lead initiatives that will shape our data architecture and build solutions that will generate insights to support effective decision making, identify issues and propose solutions.
- As part of your role you will be required to design and improve our data collection and database designs to optimize efficiency and improve the data quality.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $43 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- You will have expertise in using machine learning tools and statistical analysis techniques to produce solutions to problems and to create clear reporting that tell compelling stories about system availability, stability, capacity and operational support metrics.
- You will be required to conduct analysis using statistics or data science methodologies to provide actionable insights and identify trends. Strong data visualization skills are required to present data in a meaningful way to communicate key insights and opportunities.
- In your role you will design, develop, test and deploy analytics tools and work closely with management to prioritize business and strategic objectives using a data-driven approach.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g. Physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience 5+ years of professional experience of which at least 2 years are focused on data science Experience in databases such as Hadoop, SQL, Oracle and SAS
- Expertise in data analytics tool such as SQL, Tableau, SAS or equivalent Proficient programming skills such as Python Data Modelling Statistics Personal attributes required Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to distill and present key findings to stakeholders
- Great attention to detail and the ability to problem solve A collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions Expert problem solving skills and creative thinking ability A person who likes to move fast, pragmatically seeking problems with a can-do attitude
- A natural team player who enjoys working multiple development collaboratively with colleagues Focused on delivery with a passion for quality and innovation Proficient at managing your own time and priorities and have a "just get on with it" attitude
- "The core set of technical skills that are beneficial to the role are: Well rounded understanding of infrastructure disciplines (network, server, storage, messaging) Working knowledge of AppDynamics and Splunk desired Some experience working with a Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.