Senior Java Architect
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking for a Senior Java Architect to support one of our clients in Windsor Mill, MD.
location: Windsor Mill, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This position will demonstrate a mastery in a variety of technologies and tools and how they are best utilized in a modern development environment (MDE). The candidate shall demonstrate extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication while also demonstrating a knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
Key Technical Skills Required:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as Openshift or Kubernetes
· Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar
· Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
· Experience with testing tool such as Selenium and BDD cucumber
· Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy
· Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology, including three amigos team dynamics
· Experience in conducting training sessions and presentations
· Excellent communication and written skills.
skills: Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.