Position Summary :
The IT Platform Innovation Product Manager is an entrepreneurial and innovative product leader with a user-centric mindset and proven experience in meeting with business leaders and understanding business problems. A strong mindset towards Agile methodologies - specifically XP (Extreme Programming) - as it is crucial in this role. You will be building innovative product designs across multiple platforms while collaborating with Java Engineers and other XP product team members. This role leads the vision, product planning, XP product management and product launch strategies for our IT innovation platforms.
The Product Manager must have exceptional problem-solving skills, be an effective communicator that uses his/her abilities to successfully collaborate with others, able to lead and influence product conversations, build consensus among a wide range of business partners, and instill commitment from direct reports to deliver high performance results towards the development and execution of enhanced product offerings.
This role requires a high level of collaboration, in-office presence 5 days a week, and a willingness to question the status quo and passion for IT innovation. It is a hands-on product management position that works across the entire product lifecycle from product-market fit, experience design, implementation, delivery and post launch support.
location: Buffalo Grove, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Be responsible for assessing emerging trends, technologies, electronic platforms and potential partnerships that allow us to deliver innovative experiences and that simplify customer experience.
- Drive the product development process and collaborate with internal project stakeholders across sales, marketing, credit, legal, finance, compliance, operations and executive management to translate business needs into a product strategy that ensures we maintain a highly competitive market position.
- Lead initiatives to streamline our digital ecosystem and development a scalable digital platform through multiple distribution channels
- Maintain documented competitive, market and customer needs analysis
- Define, update, and execute the product roadmap, constantly incorporating enhancements based on competitive analysis and in partnership with Sales and Business heads.
- Research, document, and prioritize detailed product requirements to ensure that products meet business needs, performance objectives and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing
- Track key performance indicators and provide actionable insights to continuously improve product's performance and profitability.
- In partnership with Marketing, develop and execute marketing plans for products under management.
- Be a subject matter expert and thought leader of your products across the organization.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Product Management
- Agile Methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.