job summary: Title: Full Stack Software Engineer Location: Rockville, MD Duration: 6-12 months contract to hire Job Summary:
Our client is seeking a full stack software engineer to engage in the design, implementation, and support of applications developed to address our research projects across domains. You will continuously improve software engineering practices, ensuring the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions. You will encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, and teamwork. We are always looking to integrate new technologies where these can improve throughput, quality, or scalability. We are looking for someone with industry proven software engineering experience with a focus on CI/CD, etc. and who thrives in an environment of constant learning.
location: Rockville, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of technical requirements, design, architecture, and development within a CI/CD environment supported by agile methodologies and automated test and deployment.
- Work with research staff and project directors to determine needs and suggest innovative approaches.
- Your team will be responsible for building scalable, secure, maintainable solutions on AWS or other cloud providers, as well as internal platforms.
- Engage with technology teams in design, development, and support, while making significant contributions in tasks of increasing complexity
- Work collegially with a technical community of software and data engineers supporting multiple projects. Take an active role in continuous improvement of software development tools, methodologies, and policies.
- Contribute to technical planning and assessment of technical feasibility of solutions
- Develop using Agile, DevOps, AWS, Docker, Microservices, NodeJS, Java, Spring, Python, and Spark.
qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience with programming languages such as Java, C++/C#, or Python and open source technologies such as Apache and Hadoop.
- At least 5 years of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
skills: . Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Spring Boot or Spring, creating user interfaces using Angular2 or React Java APIs of 'big data' technologies such as Elasticsearch, Redis, and components of the Hadoop eco-system.
- Strong project experience working on large, cross-functional projects with evolving requirements.
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.