This is working within a fast growing fund of funds managed account business currently with $250 billion in assets under management. One of the core goals is to create customization at scale for our hundreds of thousands of clients. Over the next several years we expect quantitative development to play a very significant role by leveraging technology to achieve our goals and therefore will offer immense growth opportunities for the quantitative development associates.
of Your Role
Quantitative Developer is a core software engineering role in our dynamic and fast-paced quantitative development team. You will be 'embedded' within the quantitative research team and you will partner with the investment teams on various projects including portfolio construction, risk management, and alpha research. You will create high quality, robust, and efficient analytical solutions that will be used to enhance SAI's investment processes.
location: South Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Your Work Will Have on the Organization
This role impacts the organization by improving the quality and time-to-market of Research initiatives through a combination of both analytical and software development skillsets. The assignments will include gathering the ideas, conceptualizing them through a programming language and creating a packaged solution that can be used by the investment professionals. This role will:
- Intelligently apply advanced analytics and quantitative concepts to support investment needs and develop new solutions.
- Lead the implementation of a research project through the entire software development lifecycle utilizing a full-stack implementation.
- Add scale, rigor, and repeatability to research through software development best practices.
- Assist Research teams in developing new models and products that will provide an advantage to the organization in the marketplace.
We're Looking For
The successful candidate for this role will partner with the fundamental and quantitative investment research teams to co-develop, validate and implement new research ideas with proof-of-concept, prototype, and production solutions. The candidate will be responsible for employing agile methodologies to conceptualize the ideas, using mostly R and SQL to then package the concepts into meaningful and effective solutions. To be successful in the role s/he should have a good understanding of advanced quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics, as well as a proven track record in hands-on development of analytical solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative or computational field such as Statistics, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with analytical models and partnering with investment professionals focused in either Equity or Fixed Income asset classes.
- Domain knowledge in either equities or fixed income asset classes
- Good understanding of advanced quantitative techniques and methods, statistics and econometrics - including probability, linear regression and time series data analysis
- Proven track record in hands-on development of analytical solutions
- Full-stack software development knowledge.
- Technical and programming skills including R, Java, SQL and Linux.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders, including fundamental and quantitative researchers, technology partners and senior management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.