The Transition and Transformation Agile Release Train (ART) is in place to advance our technology strategy and protect the priorities of our business through major change events, such as mergers and acquisitions, major technology investments, or other IT transformations. This ART is responsible for all technology domains serving operations and clients for our Life, Accident and Disability products, spanning a vast range of technologies. The portfolio of work embodied by this ART is also varied, including new systems, integrations/interfaces, migrations, and deprecations to both rationalize and evolve our technology landscape to serve both our technology and business strategies.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Scrum Master Senior Advisor - IT Transition and Transformation is an scrum master role that requires a candidate with strong project and program management background as well as the ability to operate in a dynamic, transformative environment. You will provide IT domain-level facilitation leadership, cross-domain facilitation, and domain program traceability at the execution level. In this highly-visible role you will partner with multiple business units to understand their priorities and enable the overall domain transition model to be carried out. The ideal candidate will have experience in a senior IT project/program management capacity in a large M&A and/or Financial systems transformation effort.
- Supports the Release Train Engineer and Solution Leads in coordination and planning for the transitions and transformation solutions.
- Lead cross-functional teams in defining scope boundaries, sizing work, identifying dependencies, engaging stakeholders, planning, and delivering.
- Facilitates any necessary communication between delivery groups within a Value Stream.
- Envision and build delivery management artifacts using various tools including, Confluence, JIRA, Rally, and PowerPoint to track, manage, and communicate.
- Drives continuous improvement via Inspect and Adapt (I&A) at the Solution layer.
- Supports activities related to Lean Portfolio Management including: managing delivery financials, facilitating solution delivery sync meetings, and supporting various activities related to delivery management communications (status, risks, dependencies etc).
- Helps with strategy and execution alignment working with Solution Management, Product Management, and stakeholders.
- Exemplary Written and Verbal Communications. Prompt, timely, and transparent. Well thought out from a broad range of perspectives. Productive, solutions-oriented communications. Tailors messages to be specific to the audience. Drives the right action. Promotes engagement and commitment.
- Dealing with ambiguity and problem solving.
- Negotiation and tactful influencing skills at all levels required.
- Advanced Presentation/Facilitation skills required.
- Senior and Executive leadership presence and communication required.
- Refined leadership style that sets clear vision and direction.
- Ensures alignment of priorities, effort, and actions across stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.