job summary: Primary Purpose
Experienced professional who is capable of effectively managing multiple sourcing projects across a wide range of IT Categories. Supports key stakeholder to deliver cost saving against budgeted targets. Used to working across Board, Senior Executive & all levels of management with businesses. Understands how to deliver across all areas of procurement including, but not limited to, contract creation/negotiation, financial analysis and reporting. Supports procurement objectives and ensures we are embracing key procurement sourcing strategies.
Can operate independently but supports procurement colleagues to ensuring procurement is executed in accordance with the established procurement governance framework and divisional objectives. Partners globally with others to provide end to end category procurement, commodity sourcing and Vendor management support. Activities include gathering business requirements, fiscal details, and performing market assessments, determining contract negotiation strategies, vendor selection and onboarding.
Position will assist with developing, optimizing and managing processes, workflows and procedures directly related to Procurement in addition to providing detailed support for vendor management.
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works independently to execute category, commodity or vendor specific sourcing events for high complexity projects and requirements. Drives this across functional business units to deliver greater value from current and new vendor base.
- Has an understanding and experience for vendor and contract lifecycle management and can utilize sourcing and contract management software tools to manage and leverage agreements.
- Establishes an overall sourcing strategy for each of the categories of spend they are responsible and accountable for.
- Conducts benchmarking to ensure proposed vendor solutions are competitive to the market
- Performs market research to understand and document competitive vendor landscape and service capabilities
- Ensures project milestones are met and benefits delivered; Resolves vendor issues that arise during implementations, acting as a liaison with Project and Divisional Management
- Escalates issues as needed to Senior Management; Provides transition support for exiting existing Vendor relationships
- Participates on local or global cross-functional teams to assist the with analyzing procurement spend trends using data derived from available spend data, with the evaluation of sourcing opportunities, with pre-award and post-award procurement activities, such as volume reporting and evaluation of RFP responses, and with reporting and analysis used to develop and implement the selected the Vendor.
- Performs contract reviews working in conjunction with Legal and Business teams to ensure accurate deliverables, risk mitigation while accounting for product and vendor lifecycles
- Establishes and maintains relationships with stakeholders
- Perform program management activities for procurement-owned programs, as applicable to the commodity area. Duties include but are not limited to: managing catalogs, processing non-catalog requisitions, researching new Vendors, short-form agreements, renewals, and identifying cost-save opportunities within managed programs
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, operations management, or other directly applicable field or equivalent education/experience. At least 5 years of experience in category procurement, strategic sourcing, Vendor management and contract management. Experience with the Vendor identification, selection and negotiation process. Knowledge of vendor management best practices and industry trends. Exceptional written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills requiring a balance of assertiveness, tact and diplomacy; demonstrated ability to lead difficult conversations and collaborate, facilitate, and achieve consensus amongst key stakeholders; Ability to work effectively and cultivate strong relationships across all levels of the organization and with external parties; Ability to work with teams across geographically dispersed locations; Ability to effectively manage ambiguous situations and drive towards clarification; Demonstrated ability to influence others and drive change; Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail; Ability to succeed under pressure, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a rapid-paced environment; Self-motivated with a positive attitude; strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to put strategic plans into operation; Proven ability to manage multiple projects and support activities within a single job function. Preferred Qualifications
Global perspective and experience working with diverse customers and vendors; Experience in a shared services environment; Experience in the financial services industry; Experience managing Vendors with global product/service provisioning models; Experience across multi-functional business processes; Experience working with various electronic procurement tools.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Category Manager
- IT Procurement
- Vendor Manager
- Global Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.