Randstad Technologies seeks a back end developer for a project with our media client in Reston, VA!
Our client is going to be delivering one of their media products on a new platform, so they are seeking developers to join this effort. This role will involve in launching the product and applications on a new platform as well as provide enhancements to existing applications that support their enterprise customers. The current product is going to be rebuilt and redesigned using React on the Orion platform. This will allow much more dynamic pages with a quick interface. This will also support additional functionality be added above and beyond what is currently supported in BCP today. The developers selected for this effort will start from scratch using the Orion framework to add product functionality.
Responsible for developing enterprise-level solutions in a fast-paced Agile environment using industry and company standards to support one or more key eBusiness processes. Work in a cutting-edge collaborative space with a growing team of business and technology trend setters to drive end-to-end system implementations for the nation's leader in the telecommunications industry.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be challenged to balance tactical and strategic considerations accounting for people, process and technological requirements, as well as identifying platform opportunities and constraints to provide novel solutions to application needs, along with mentoring the development engineering team in object-oriented design and coding best practices. Ensuring the team's technological relevance and direction is a key responsibility, requiring a candidate who displays a proactive and enthusiastic ethic for monitoring emerging trends and design practices.
The individual who joins our innovative, industry-leading team will find him or herself both challenged and rewarded by a unique opportunity for personal and career growth in a company consistently voted among the leaders in Human Resources, Diversity, Technology, Product Excellence, Customer Service and Community Investment.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $68 - 72 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Collaborate with architects, developers and business partners to develop enterprise applications, including development of User Interface (UI) components, web services, content management (CMS), and database interactions using Microsoft IDEs in a SOA-based distributed MSO environment.
- Perform business analysis / requirements analysis with the help of end-users
- Develop prototypes and architectures for new concepts and technologies.
- Create conceptual data models for database interaction.
- Perform implementations and support for higher and lower-level environments and other duties as assigned.
- Work in a DevOps fashion, which may include deployment activities and/or operational support as determined by the team.
qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
Skills and Experience
- 7+ yrs experience in Software Development
- 5+ years experience developing sophisticated web-based user interfaces.
- 5+ years experience developing SOA based Applications
- 2+ yrs experience in Business Analysis and Requirement Analysis, as well as demonstrated ability to solve end customers problems.
- Experience in developing and consuming REST (WebAPI) and SOAP (WCF) based services
- Candidate should have a familiarity with CMS technologies such as Sitecore (preferred), Ectron, Umbraco, etc.
- Previous Experience Developing Responsive and Mobile sites.
- Previous Experience with Real-Time web based communications (e.g. web sockets)
- Experience with multi-threaded applications, Dependency injection, and IoC
- Previous experience with source control like TFS and GitHub
- Full life-cycle development in an enterprise development environment.
- Exposure to Agile methodology a plus.
- Development using relational database preferably using Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience with Voice, Data, Video, Wireless technology a plus.
- Should have excellent communication, negotiation, decision making, and problem solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.