Looking for an experienced Principal Business Analyst to augment their staff in 2 key areas:
- IT Financial Management: This includes budget management; IT cost transparency, cost optimization, investment planning and overall IT value measurement.
- IT Portfolio Operations: This includes creating the processes and tools to ensure that, at the top level of the company's IT organization, we have visibility to:
o Project and maintenance work
o Stakeholder priorities
o Resource constraints
o Project and portfolio value
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The PBO Principal Business Analyst (Analyst) will lead the operation and improvement of the above-referenced capabilities. The Analyst will report to a IT Leadership team member and will collect and summarize information that directly supports IT Leadership team decision making. The Analyst will distill large and complex datasets into information that facilitates critical decisions for how the company runs its IT organization. The Analyst will use tools such as Oracle Hyperion (EPM), Excel, Power BI, and Planview.
The Analyst will manipulate and summarize data to recognize trends and patterns that will significantly improve the performance of the company's IT's investments.
The Analyst will assist with the monthly finance and operational reviews that will be presented to the IT Leadership team. The goals of these finance and operational meetings are to optimize IT investment and ability to execute projects.
The Analyst will establish processes and tools to maintain data integrity in manually managed data. This includes installing processed to ensure that data is recorded accurately, and that summarized data is accurately and easily linked to supporting details.
- Experience with tools such as Oracle Hyperion (EPM), Excel, IT Financial Management (ITFM) tools, and Project and Portfolio Management tools (e.g. Planview) are important.
- Expert-level experience with Excel is a key requirement of the Analyst.
- Power BI experience is also strongly desired.
skills: - Analyzing: Assess and document goals, scope and output of the process and relationships to other processes to understand the full implication of the process(es) as well as outstanding or new issues.
- Defining: Clearly define the process roadmap, including relevant performance measures, governance, addressing current issues and challenges, future plans for changes and opportunities for improvement.
- Engaging: Proactively socialize the process roadmap with business areas using the process and with other process, platform and partnership owners across IT to collect feedback for improvement, ensure alignment and coordination, and avoid redundancy or conflicting demands.
- Operating: Execute on the process roadmap, actively manage the process as a set of interconnected sub-processes, and manage cross-process dependencies.
- Evaluating: Audit and track process effectiveness and performance against established measures and goals to identify and surface issues for resolution. Actively manage on an ongoing basis to continuously improve and simplify.
- Improving: Actively seek out and act on opportunities to continuously simplify and improve processes on an ongoing and continuous basis.
- Establishing Deep Subject Matter Expertise: Quickly a deep understanding of the company's IT's financial and project portfolio management processes is essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.