Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Description Position Responsibilities: We are designing the future for our Edge Network.
Our designs will aid in the growth of the network and our customers' ability to connect and communicate. In this position you will be an integral part of that. You will design, decom and create capacity throughout the network working with all the newest network technology.
You will serve as an Engineer/Planner for the issuance of jobs that authorize and implement new sites, as well as, growth, upgrades, retirements, and removals to existing sites on the VMN, IDN and EDN Network.
Previously submitted projects will be reviewed and a design created, along with a statement of work (SOW) summarizing the basic job requirements.
You will perform the duties of a design engineer: remediating end of service equipment and upgrading circuits and adding capacity.
You will report to a Sr. Engineer/Planner, who will work with you and assist you with requirements and the job scope. Position requires interaction with Engineering, Network Installation, Operations, and Vendors.
Candidate must be able to address questions and concerns from the field as things arise.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology with work experience in a technical setting.
- Attention to details with ability to change direction as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Understanding of IP Technologies, including routing and switching.
- Ability to understand network drawings and translate them into written installation steps.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work with Microsoft Office Suite.
Familiarity with Cisco router and switches.
- Familiarity with Design Engineering and Telemetry
- Familiarity with VMN/IDN Network.
- Familiarity with Visio.
- Familiarity with Arista
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Network Engineer
- Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.