Systems Engineer Linux Unix Admin - Pennington, NJ
Great Systems Engineer role with one of the top financial companies in the county!! If interested please feel free to reach out directly to email@example.com or call 646-450-8468.
2 - 5 years. Assists in planning and scheduling the development, introduction, communication and maintenance of the corporate systems architecture (including the applications, data, and infrastructure architectures). Resolves an assortment of problems of limited scope related to system design of new or existing systems. Additionally, may provide administrative and technical support to senior associates and analysts in determining technical and operational feasibility of solutions. Individual contributor role
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the implementation of new applications, upgrades of existing applications and/or code deployments of currently utilized applications. In addition, the Systems Engineer will work closely with internal clients, Integration teams and external vendors gathering requirements, designing and deploying infrastructure components to support those requirements.
location: Pennington, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 60.30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- This position must understand the architecture and design, high availability concepts, load balancers, clustering, networking, operating system concepts, databases, continuous integration, and firewalls.
- Deliver enterprise projects that utilize middleware platforms and ensure the support teams have adequate information and knowledge to maintain the environment.
- Directly responsible for provisioning middleware technologies as a service capability for applications. Middleware technologies include but are not limited to Jboss, Apache, Weblogic, Tomcat and J2EE.
- Architecting & proposing designs for new projects involving middleware products
- Installation, configuration, and administration of Jboss, Tomcat and Weblogic application Servers and Apache web servers
- Implementing design principles of a service oriented architecture
- Identify opportunities to optimize current solutions and perform technical analysis and/or provide hands-on technical support, on an as needed basis, to troubleshoot problems related to poorly performing systems in production and other test environments
- Ability to quickly assimilate into a complex environment and rapidly learn the existing and inbound technologies
- Automation of support tasks, recovery tasks, implementation tasks - recommendations for process improvements.
- 8+ years Unix/Linux System Administration experience(RHEL)
- 5+ Experience engineering Java apps infrastructure.
- 5+ Experience administering JBOSS, Tomcat, Websphere and Weblogic application servers.
- 5+ Experience administering Web Servers(Apache and IHS) and messaging(JMS)
- J2EE infrastructure design and build experience
skills: Desired Skills
- Experience and understanding of SSO technologies, including SiteMinder and STS
- Extensive knowledge of encryption and certificate management ( SSL and TLS)
- Understanding of base network principles, 7 layer networking, load balancing and application traffic distribution. L5 GTM/LTM knowledge is a plus.
- Experience using logging and monitoring tools such as SPLUNK
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.